He has arisen. It is too late...

Followers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The first thing I can recall was not my sister's scream, or my mother feinting at the fire; but instead I remember  the pungent odor of whisker-fish I had caught. It was the first one I was able to catch with my bare hands, and wasn't big enough to feed my sister for one meal, but it had this peculiar stench about it, as if this smell alone could foretell the fates, as if it alone knew what the future held and how dark our days were about to come...

...I looked up in the direction my sister was pointing. My brother was being carried by my father, only it wasn't my brother. It was a bloody, twisted, shape of my brother. As my father crossed our stream, not more than fifteen feet in front of me, carrying his eldest son's mangled body, he collapsed. The next moments are relived as a blur of time and action. I was running over to help him; my sister was coming over with tears in her eyes; father was telling us to tend to our brother, that his wounds were nothing. I managed to take off my shirt and wrap it around father's head. My sister had my brother's arm around her neck and was dragging him back to the house over her back. I was doing the same with father, trying not to notice the overwhelming smell. It was unlike anything I had noticed before, some combination of decaying flesh and burnt hair. When I managed to get father to his bed, my sister had managed to rouse mother and she was set into action. She had my sister preparing hot water for the wounds, I was told to gather herbs, and she was doing her best to tend to my father and brother's wounds. After getting all of the herbs I could find, I rode our best horse into the valley to summon the town doctor...

28 comments:

  1. Interesting blog mate. Keep it coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woh, that was intense. o.o

    Moar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a dream like that once, only it was really different, and nothing like that at all.

    It did involve zombies, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome man be checking back real soon keep'em comin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too long, but the intro really captivated me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog man!Keep it coming :)
    Supporting u :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. followin 'n' supportin bro :)

    wtfiniggagun.blogspot.com

    check also this to find new interesting blogs to luv daily

    thefuckinlist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a riveting tale, chap... I'll check back often to see how the rest of the story pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post! i like it very much;)
    supportin you & follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. is this fictional writing? its quite creative :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very great writing skills you've got there mate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that chilled me a bit ;)

    showin my support, come do the same! I'm trying to get more followers for my SC2 blog about the zerg

    http://zergitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Great Post Man! Just Passing By Your Blog To Show Some Support Take Care !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Going to keep coming back to read more of these XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate when females scream, WAY too high pitched.

    ReplyDelete
  16. o.O Jesus interesting dream :P, you should look into lucid dreaming.. its awsome :D

    ReplyDelete